Community
Search
Notices
Dub Jett Engines Support Bob Brassel of Dub Jett Engines provides direct support here for Jett Engines.

Glow Plugs SPIRAL

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 02:56 PM
angelgarcia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glow Plugs SPIRAL

WHEN I FLY AND DOWN I SEE Glow Plugs SPIRAL LEAVE

WHAT I NEED DO?

THANKS ANGEL C GARCIA
Old 01-11-2010, 03:48 PM
still4given

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Glow Plugs SPIRAL

Sounds like you are running too lean. Back it off 500 RPM from peak on the ground. When it unloads in the air, you will need the extra oil.

Blessings, Terry
Old 01-13-2010, 07:48 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Typically backing off 500 rpm is the minimum. Often enough you want to back off closer to 800-900.

Which engine ?
Old 01-13-2010, 10:31 AM
angelgarcia

engine qm-2ls
Old 10-16-2010, 08:55 PM
Wingspam

My Jett 50 is chewing up spark plugs like candy corn.

Its been about a month since my last flight on this plane, so today I took out my Patriot(55ax), H9-F22 (Jett 50) and took em for a spin or too. Fired up the Jett 50 on the bench it tached 15,300, thats about 600 less rpm's that the last time I flew it. Using Omega 15%, turning a 10x6 apc prop and using the Mccoy 59 plug. I took to the air 2 minutes into the flight the motor started sputtering, landed it just as the motor died. Glow plug was bad, put in a new plug (same type) and tried it again with the same results 2 minutes into flight motor sputters and I land. This time I was able to keep the motor running for a few seconds and I noticed a large amount of bubbles in the fuel line, then the motor died. Pulled the plug and it was dead as well.
What could cause the plugs to blow like this? I will pull the cowling and check for leaks in the fuel line..

Thanks
Old 10-17-2010, 10:35 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Hi...

Thanks for writing...

Glow plugs blow because of a lean condition. So the engine is either too lean, too heavily propped, or you are experiencing fuel foam.

Air in the fuel line is fuel foam. Ensure the fuel tank is 100% not touching the airframe - foam all around it. That will give you the best solution for now. The rpm and energy from the jett engine is far beyond what you see with any other engine, and it will cause the airframe to buzz and in turn foam fuel

Prop wise on the patriot, go with a 9x7 for a while too. Find peak ground rpm, back down 500-800 rpm from there for flight.