Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

Lipo Charger Help?!?!?!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 09:37 AM
leadfootdriver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lipo Charger Help?!?!?!!

I placed an order yesterday from nitroplanes.com for an Airfield P-40 and I didnt buy a charger but I'm thinking of going with the T606 lipo charger they offer on the site it is an ac charger but I dont know what to hook it up to for its power supply I dont have an ac adapter and especially not one that will adapt with aligator clips can somene help me please? I have absolutly no Idea on what I should do....
Old 09-14-2010, 10:23 AM
Dr_Chuckie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lipo Charger Help?!?!?!!

I think you meant to say it's a DC charger. If you don't plan on using your car battery as a power source, there are a number of places from which you can get 12V AC to DC power supplies. You might be better off though buying a charger than can use either AC or DC, they cost more but might be cheaper than the cost of the charge and an AC-DC power source.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:50 AM
leadfootdriver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Lipo Charger Help?!?!?!!

Thank you for the reply I thought the chargers that used a car battery were AC? I can never remember which is which this will be my first lipo set up but I would prefer a charger that plugged into the wall I dont have a car of my own..... and I need to be able to keep an eye on my battery while charging I've been avoiding using this type of battery like it has th F-ing plague for a while now but It's inevitable that I use one now which sucks I like nice predictible NIMH batteries I know three people who have lost their house because of lipo fires