Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > E-Flight Power Sources
Reload this Page >

new lipo battery problem?

Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

new lipo battery problem?

Old 06-10-2010, 03:33 PM
tripower222
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new lipo battery problem?

I have a new 4000mah 15c 3s battery with a full charge it will not let me pull more that 7 amps. If I throttle above that the voltage instantly drops from 12v to 9.25v ish and the motor starts to die.
Its 1 of 3 hong kong batteries and the other ones ar fine. Any ideas maybe a few low amp draw cycles will bring it back what do you think?
Old 06-10-2010, 03:51 PM
bobferguson

Default RE: new lipo battery problem?

Check the cell voltages. I had a battery do much the same and it has one bad cell with a low voltage even after charging the pack. In fact I had to use my charger with no balancer because my TP1010C would fault cell voltage different to great. At more than a .2v different the TP1010c will abort the charge.

ORIGINAL: tripower222

I have a new 4000mah 15c 3s battery with a full charge it will not let me pull more that 7 amps. If I throttle above that the voltage instantly drops from 12v to 9.25v ish and the motor starts to die.
Its 1 of 3 hong kong batteries and the other ones ar fine. Any ideas maybe a few low amp draw cycles will bring it back what do you think?
Old 01-23-2011, 09:06 AM
emederos
My Feedback: (78)

what brand chinese batteries did you buy? i would recommend to spend a little extra and go with good batteries such as flightpower!
Old 01-23-2011, 01:47 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Something in the circuit has terrible resistance.