Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > E-Flight Power Sources
Reload this Page >

Parkzone UM Battery conversion

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

Parkzone UM Battery conversion

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 09:42 AM
pinkyluvsyou

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parkzone UM Battery conversion

I recently purchased a Parkzone UM p-51 as a break into electric plane something cheap and small. I noticed on e-bay there are people selling 450Mah batteries which got me thinking, I work with cell phones and they have single cell lipo batteries. My question is - the esc on the parkzone UM is 1 amp, i have 850 and 1000 Mah cell batteries is it possible to use these batteries? Looking at these planes it looks like the esc is built into the reciever really don't want to burn up the most expensive part in the plane. Any help would be great...this electric stuff is new to me 20+ years with nitro, trying to learn something new.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:40 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone UM Battery conversion

Cell phone batteries, probably not. Might get one short run out of them. To low a C count to handle the motor's demands.

Honestly I'd skip the Ebay batteries. Stick with Hyperions, we've fond they are pretty much hands down the best.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:26 AM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone UM Battery conversion

For the cost of the 500 Mah Lipo's for the 120SR, you can buy 4 of them, some foam tape, and fly your UM all day long. Fly 2 batts, while charging the third, by the time you land the 2nd, the first will be charged.  The heavier weight will also help stabilize the plane.  They only cost $8 each. Heck the 250 Mah ones for the mCPx cost more than the 500's for the 120 SR. I have a fwe of the 500's but haven't taped them up yet since I still fly the 120 SR, and haven't figured out a sane way to be able to dual purpose them.