Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

supertigre lipo,s

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 05:49 PM
gmeyer-RCU
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default supertigre lipo,s

I bought a super sportster rxr and 3 supertigre 1500 lipo's I balance charged them once at 1 amp and flew them the next day about 8 min. each the plane went really fast for the first min. on each pack after that it slowed down ALOT is this because the batteries are rated at 15C.
These are sort of the batteries recomended in the inst. manual ( 1250 supertigre's are BUT no longer available) on tower's website in the recomended assesories they show a 25C batt. listed, should I have bought the 25C batt.
I had a GREAT time with this plane and plan on flying it alot I bought a Tactic 404 radio on ebay for $29 (new) and the only thing wrong with it is the throttle rachet on the TX is louder than the plane as a side note I can fly this plane just as far out as my larger glow planes (on 72 mhz) with no problems.
Thank's Greg
Old 09-02-2011, 04:46 AM
Walt Thyng
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: supertigre lipo,s

First we need to know how many amps your motor is drawing. It does sound like you're draining your cells too fast.

Secondly, I bought a pair of ST lipos for use in a motor glider. I have been sorely disappointed with them. They are way down on power compared to my three year old Zippy's from Hobby City (or what ever they are calling themselves this week). One failed after only a dozen or so cycles. Never again!
Walt