Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > E-Flight Power Sources
Reload this Page >

power supply question for Accucell 6?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

power supply question for Accucell 6?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 05:08 AM
DaveFri
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power supply question for Accucell 6?

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced power supply for Hobby King Accucell 6 charger?? Need a AC source for this DC charger?
New to electrics so please bear with me if i am asking the wrong things.Just need to plug the Accucell into the wall and have it charge my batts in a reasonable fashion.Haven't actually purchased the Accucell yet...just getting my info together

thx,Dave
Old 05-16-2012, 01:47 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: power supply question for Accucell 6?

I made mine from an old computer power supply. Just search it in RCU and bring some snacks, you will be reading for a while.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:13 PM
jdetray

Hi Dave -

Since you mention "new to electrics" you might not want to convert a PC power supply, although they do work well for powering our battery chargers.

For an off-the-shelf solution, a power supply such as this one from Radio Shack will do the job:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2103960

It's more than you need for the Accucell 6, but you'll never regret having more capacity than you presently need.

For a lower cost solution, this Pyramid power supply would also work:
http://radioproshop.com/pyramid-ps/ps8kx.htm

Good luck!

- Jeff
Old 06-02-2012, 07:43 AM
jbbuggs

What do you think of this set up I am building a C17 globemaster auw around 25 lbs 4 100a ecs 2 1600kv 85a edf motor.do you think i need to use a batt. for each motor or can i use 2 batt. one for two motors . at 175w per lb. of weight. thinking of useing 6s 5000 20 C each or can i use less because i have 4 motors.       Can anyone help me with this