Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > E-Flight Power Sources
Reload this Page >

Change Barn-Door flap, to add Ailerons

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

Change Barn-Door flap, to add Ailerons

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 07:29 PM
Brisco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Change Barn-Door flap, to add Ailerons

Pre Thanks

Newbe to Flaps. This high wing type plan has full Trailing Edge flaps. I want to seperate and have Flaps and ailerons. Maybe total 4 mini or micro mounted in wings. Its going to be about a 59 or 62" w/s. Fusg to tip of wing is about 28". Is the avg about 9" - 10" x 1.25" aileron, then the rest of inner trailing edge be Flaps ? Or is there a percentage formula ? [chord is 7" of all the 26" until tip rounds. flap is 1.25" (of the 7") ]

I got tired of google - bing search for a ballpark answer, don't want to mess it up by internet guessing.

Thanks

Brian
Old 06-28-2012, 09:07 PM
flyingtheoldones
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Change Barn-Door flap, to add Ailerons

Have you considered using aileron/flap mixing from your tx?

DM
Old 06-29-2012, 10:26 AM
Brisco

Default RE: Change Barn-Door flap, to add Ailerons

<xml><w:WordDocument><w:View>Normal</w:View><w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom><woNotOptimizeForBrowser /></w:WordDocument></xml>

Sorry , I was just trained, I mean Strip aileron . Strip aileron is in my Dads plan, but I want to have 30 or 40 deg flaps from my AUX toggle. And cut the full span aileron in half or 55-45 [55 of span for flap]. But looking for slow landing advice , if there is a general average? I heard outer half, aileron, 50-50 on length. If a guy likes aileron, whats to much ? 60% of strip for aileron – 40% for flap ? What is not noticeable, going from half the span for aileron to more than half. I see pictures, a lot are [ALRN] 40% of span, some are more.

And I plan on doing Differential Throw, horn tip 1/8” over hinge line toward servo. Less down ALRN , more UP. I will experiment with Down being 25 % - 30% or something less than UP aileron.

I did think a little about ALRN/Flap mixing on TX. Maybe a little over my interest. Someday try it, when I get a better TX. For now, cut the the full span aileron. And I'll figure out the servo disc Differential manually with a caliper. My whole day is computers and IPTelephony. I like algerbra and geometry. With a #2 pencil. I,m not bashing anyone, its just fun.

Brian

<xml><w:WordDocument><w:View>Normal</w:View><w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom><woNotOptimizeForBrowser /></w:WordDocument></xml>