Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > E-Flight Power Sources
Reload this Page >

Ultra Mini Stick - which motor

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 07:09 PM
BillS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ultra Mini Stick - which motor

I Have not discovered how to select a motor and need a suggestion. The original tiny motor shaft was the weak link and now is bent beyond straightening. Looked at Hobby King many times without understanding which motor to buy.

I think the airplane needs a 480 out runner with a stronger motor shaft that can be used with the 20 amp. BEC. Three cell 2200 mah A123 batteries are being used.

Thanks for any information.

Bill
Old 05-11-2014, 07:01 PM
boomix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine flies very well with Ultrafly Frio 10/10 1100kv, 11.1v lipo 8x3.8 sf i am 2.000 meteres high of sea level, flight time 12-15 minutes.

If you want a hk motor try one of the 450 turnigy series and a 8x3.8 sf slow flyer...

Look this http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...er_1050kv.html

Hope this help you...

Last edited by boomix; 05-11-2014 at 07:04 PM.
Old 05-19-2014, 04:11 AM
yel914

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I flew mine (may she rest in pieces) with a cheap Super Tigre .10 electric motor. It's about the next size up from a 480. Great power, cheap to run, it was my go to plane for years.