Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

E-Flight 450

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 06:36 PM
pikeman401
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-Flight 450

Some motors list a watt number for that motor. Anybody know how many watts the E-Flight 450 puts out? The reason I am asking is I got the BFG 1600 from Hobby King. The supplied motor barely flew the plane. I don't know how many watts the original motor had.I went to a motor that physically was the same size and it was listed at 280 watts. It was better but I could still use more power. The E-Flight 450 is physically about the same size as the other motors but I don't know if it has any more power. Any suggestions?
Old 10-22-2014, 10:15 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Always best to provide a link to the item you are asking about rather than make us look it up.

You say you tried a 280 watt motor, but did you put a wattmeter on it to see if the prop/battery combo you put on it drove it to 280 watts? Just because a motor is listed as offering 280 watts does not mean it will hit 280 watts with any prop and battery combo.

Is this the motor you are asking about?
http://www.horizonhobby.com/park-450...890kv-eflm1400

According to this document, the 450 is a 175 watt motor when run with the right prop on the right battery
http://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/EFL_..._Motors_Ad.pdf

Based on that chart the
Park 480 BL, 1020Kv is a 275 watt motor when matched with the right prop and battery.

The Power 10 BL, 1100Kv EFLM4010A is rated for 375W when matched with the right prop and battery.

Old 10-22-2014, 10:28 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Could not find and specs on that motor that came with the plane but it says it is a 2208 1300kV motor.

Looking at similar motors it looks like that motor should be in the 75 to 125 watt range.

So your 280 watt motor should have really screamed, if you had he right prop and battery on it.