E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

Venom 700MAH 35C 1S LiPo - Does it have a voltage protection board?

Old 10-27-2015, 01:10 PM
TheSymaMan

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Question Venom 700MAH 35C 1S LiPo - Does it have a voltage protection board?

I don't know much about protection boards/chips, but I know LiPos have those things to prevent it from being overcharged, does the Venom 700MAH 35C 1S battery have one? I can feel a long rectangular thin piece in the LiPo (I'm not squeezing the battery don't worry I'm just touching it lightly), and then a the real LiPo pack starts to come up, it's a thin piece and turns into a thick piece which would be the battery, but I can't see it since it's in a blacked out covering.

I charge it from a normal computer USB jack with a USB charger (not an advanced 60 dollar charger), I believe the USB charger has it's own chip but just to be on the safe side I wanna know if my Venom battery has a chip so I don't have to keep an eye on it ALL the time. Obviously I'm not gonna leave it unattended though, but just incase I fall asleep..

THANKS!
Old 11-05-2015, 08:19 PM
aeajr

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I don't know the specific pack you ask about but most LiPo batteries do not have protective circuits to protect them from being overcharged. That is handled in the charger.

Search this Thread