Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > E-Flight Power Sources
Reload this Page >

battery pack for pico stick

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

battery pack for pico stick

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2003, 10:19 PM
Flash6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default battery pack for pico stick

GWS makes a flight pack for the Pico Stick FD which includes a 7.2 V 270mAH battery pack. Could someone give me some options on a reasonable upgrade for this. My primary interest is in increasing flight time.

I'd also appreciate any pointers on WHERE to find these packs (plus how to order them with the right connectors)

Thanks,

Flash
<><
Old 11-09-2003, 11:20 PM
Dr Kiwi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: battery pack for pico stick

That 270 Nicd pack weighs about 80g. The ideal, if expensive, upgrade would be to go the LiPoly route - you could save 30g and get more than 4 times the duration by going to a 2s 1200 LiPoly pack (50g). [http://www.balsapr.com/catalog/battN...uctId=T461774]. Of course this means you'll pay far more for the pack, you'll need a new charger, and a programmable ESC (Pixie 7P) - and your life will be changed forever by the remarkable LiPoly technology!

If you don't want to go down that route straight away, you could go for a larger capacity (500-600mAh) 6-7 cell NiMh pack [which would weigh no more than this 270 NiCd, yet give you twice the duration].

Cheers, Phil