Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

The MAGIC BATTERY

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 05:32 PM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default The MAGIC BATTERY

I haveseen a lot of posts on performance of particular batteries and "flies for 20 minutes " claims----------------------------
So:
My math is pretty basic and here is my question:
Battery A is a 1200 ma pack which will put out 4C sustained.
The owner claims it will " fly for 25 number of minutes and still hover .
The model weighs 12 ounces
On my thrust gauge , it takes about 4 amps to deliver about 12 ounces of thrust AND we keep the model busy doing climbs and other power sucking maneuvers.
So-----
if we say th 1200 ma pack AVERAGES about 4 amp draw thru the flight - --that provides 15 minutes till 1200 ma is GONE.
No/Yes?
So - in the real world - given the info provided here - how COULD/ would the setup fly on that 1200 ma pack?
This a serious question - I am getting inputs that don't compute --
Old 11-18-2003, 09:45 PM
Dr Kiwi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The MAGIC BATTERY

He's obviously floating it for 10-20 minutes and only using the 4A for brief periods of hovering. Clearly he is NOT hovering it at WOT for the full 25min. Your math is fine - his honesty is suspect!

Cheers, Phil