Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > E-Flight Power Sources
Reload this Page >

Triton, Super Brain 969 for Li-Poly

Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

Triton, Super Brain 969 for Li-Poly

Old 02-18-2004, 12:30 PM
blademan7065
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Triton, Super Brain 969 for Li-Poly

The only reason that I could think is to accurately measure the mah that you are putting into the battery when you start to charge before using. If you are stating to charge the battery with a half a charge you would not be able to determine a false peak.
Old 02-18-2004, 12:46 PM
Clark L

I think the charge>discharge cycle is used for storage purposes. This setting cycles the battery and leaves it discharged. If you dont intend to put it to use right away, Its best not to leave a Nicd fully or partially charged... At least this is what I've heard.
Old 02-18-2004, 03:19 PM
BasinBum
My Feedback: (2)

G-Wiz,
That is exactly the opposite of what I have read, you want to store batteries with a full charge. Additionally Blademan, while I understand what your saying about C>D mode knowing the amount of MAH you put into the battery is not nearly as useful as knowing what it discharged under a given load. As far as false peaking from a half charge I don't know if that's an accurate statement as I think the technology allows the charger to peak detect from any point in the charge cycle, it just looks for the drop and rise that happens at the end of a battery being topped off. Maybe we should go over to the battery forum and ask these questions there.