Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > E-Flight Power Sources
Reload this Page >

prices for nimh 3300 packs

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

prices for nimh 3300 packs

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2004, 04:12 AM
md2b1dy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default prices for nimh 3300 packs

I am new to RC. I would like to purchase a 7 cell 8.4v 3300mAh battery pack. I have found on www.cheapbatterypacks.com a pre-made pack list price 80.50. on the same site you can order a custom pack that looks to be identical and the price lists as 40.25. Am I missing something here?
Also, I found a 7 cell 3300mAh pack from www.cermark.com listed as 48.00. All the batteries where advertised as Sanyo.
Can anyone give me a little direction in where and what to buy? I have a superstar EP select.
Ron
Old 01-07-2004, 02:19 PM
mustang11

Default RE: prices for nimh 3300 packs

Ron,
I too have a Superstar EP and have gone to www.batteryspace.com to buy 3000 NiMh packs for this bird. One can get 3 to four packs (see attached) for the price you've seen. I am running the 8 cell packs and am seeing about 9.5 minutes of 3/4 throttle (average) use, with a nice reserve for a go-around or two. These are China-made cells (if that matters) which may not have the capacity of the Gold GP cells, but for the useage i'm giving them, they are more than sufficient. With the four packs that I presently have, I can fly for an hour and a half (breaks included) with no recharger in site. As my wife and I have an eighteen month old daughter, that's about the limit I can be in one place without the two of them going nuts. Guess my wife gets tired of saying, 'watch Da-Da'. Hope this helps, Larry.

One 9.6V 3000 mAh Powerizer NiMH Battery Pack for AirSoft Rifles
Regular Price $90.00
Sale Price $17.98
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wt58995.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	88493  
Old 01-08-2004, 10:36 AM
Steve Neu
My Feedback: (1)

There are lots of cheap batteries from china these days but in the long run the GP cells will give much better perfromance.

Steve
Old 01-24-2004, 02:50 AM
frederm

This is mike From cheapbatterypacks.com

The price you saw on our site was for a "Pair" of 7 cell emax packs versus a single 7 cell pack. That is why one was double the other.

Our GP3300 cells/packs are a great value.

Thanks

Mike
Old 02-06-2004, 09:04 AM
mustang11

Agreed, but I'll save those for the DO 335 I'd like to build when I've got more time (probably when my daughter goes to college ). For now, I'll stick to the cheaper alternative (keeps the war dept. (wife) happy), and save some cash for the Li-Polys.