Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > E-Flight Power Sources
Reload this Page >

PF-12 wattage peak charger question

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

PF-12 wattage peak charger question

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 09:28 AM
we3hokies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PF-12 wattage peak charger question

I'm a beginner trying to get set up with my first plane. Looking at purchasing this charger, but wanting to make sure I have the right equipment so I can actually use it. Where do I get the battery leads, or do I just make them myself. If make them myself what size wire should I use. For connectors I will be using deans micro for smaller applications and either power poles or dean ultras for larger (still trying to decide); do I need two sets of leads (one for micro, one for ultra)? Do I just make leads to connect the battery to the charger by attaching to correct connector and just strip the other end (from the picture it looks like the wire just plugs in)? Also do I use the same gauge wire for both the micro and larger leads? Or should I just not use the micro size for batteries? Thanks!
Old 01-26-2004, 02:31 AM
katanaracer666
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: PF-12 wattage peak charger question

just buy one side of the connector that u dont have such as deans and solder it up to about the same size wire as you battery then plug it into the speaker jacks and press the button its a great charger for the money.
Old 01-29-2004, 08:23 AM
A1RENCH

Default RE: PF-12 wattage peak charger question

The only draw back to this charger(and most low cost fast chargers) is you can't slow charge a pack. It has a 90 minute timer,thats shuts down the charger whether the pack is peaked or not.
New packs should be "formed" at the .10C rate. If the pack is slow charged initially, the cells
match each other better, and the pack performs better. Their is some great advice on battery care and maintenance in these posts, by people who are far more knowledgeable than I.
Otherwise this is great field charger.