Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > E-Flight Power Sources
Reload this Page >

Prebuilt li-poly packs over 3000 mah?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

Prebuilt li-poly packs over 3000 mah?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 07:29 PM
drugtester
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prebuilt li-poly packs over 3000 mah?

I am looking for some prebuilt li-poly packs that are over 3000 mah. I plan on using them in my newly ordered Pigi 400 with a Jeti advance 40 controller. The only trouble is that I am having difficulty finding them. I realize I could purchase two 3s packs and run them into a parallel connector, but I would prefer a prebuilt pack. I have read on other threads that people are using Kokam 3s2p 1500's and TP 3s2p 2100's. Does anyone know where I might be able to find them?

Thank you in advance for your time!
Old 02-23-2004, 09:34 PM
d_wheel

Default RE: Prebuilt li-poly packs over 3000 mah?

I get my packs from Espritmodels.

http://www.espritmodel.com/accesories_batteries.html

Fast service, reliable, good folks.

Later;

D.W.
Old 02-23-2004, 10:39 PM
crashingagain

You might reconsider and use separate packs hooked together. By doing this you can keep better ballance of your cells and should you ever have a mishap (crashed battery) you wont have to disasemble pack and try to replace damaged cells you just plug in your replacement. Also with multiple smaller packs you will have more versatility and compatibility with your other planes. I use 2 kokam 2s 1050 plugged in parallel for my ultimate bipe and when Im in the mood for my tigermoth I use the same packs one at a time
Old 02-24-2004, 09:10 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Another vote for buying separate packs from here... You can purchase parallel connectors from FMA Direct that allow you to plug in up to 5 packs, or you can saw off as many as you need and save the rest for later. All you need to do is solder on a short pigtail with your desired connector.

Most of the time, when you read about "3S2P" packs, the person is using multiple "1P" packs and a wiring harness. Electrically, the plane can't tell the difference, and having separate packs is soooo much more flexible.
Old 02-24-2004, 09:58 PM
Dopesick

Thunder Power makes a 5700mAh and a 8000mAh. And custom built packs as well. http://www.thunderpower-batteries.co...batteries.html
Old 02-24-2004, 10:45 PM
drugtester
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks for your responses.

Matt