Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

Mega Motor

Old 05-30-2004, 12:11 PM
RC330LXFlya
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mega Motor

My Mega motor brushless was just involved in an incident and now it is very stiff and when you power up it just bounces back and forth. If you give it throttle and flip the prop it will go, but it gets very hot. Does anyone know what is wrong?
Old 05-31-2004, 09:38 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Mega Motor

It's tough to say. There's no one failure mode with this kind of stuff. My first guess is that the shaft is bent.
Old 06-05-2004, 10:22 PM
RC330LXFlya
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Mega Motor

Thanks, we figured it out. the gears in the gear box got pushed back a little and they were creating alot of excess friction. so we tapped them back out a bit with a small hammer. also the connection of the wires to the motor were frayed and two were barely touching.

Chris