Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

thunder power bad lipo

Old 06-07-2004, 11:01 PM
yellowtigermoth
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thunder power bad lipo

[>:][>:][>:][>:][>:] I got a bad lipo from thunder power this weekend, the tab came off the lipo. I email thunder power but they responce with a phone no to call not the responce I wan't from manufacturer din'd even give the email I sent to proper dept. that can help.
Old 06-08-2004, 08:37 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: thunder power bad lipo

I don't understand why you're so upset. They responded promptly to your email with instructions on how to proceed with the return/warranty process. What more could you possibly want? Just call them as they asked, and they will make things right for you.
Old 06-08-2004, 11:29 AM
Merlin1205
My Feedback: (2)

Matt you did better than me as I cant even understand what he was talking about

I email thunder power but they responce with a phone no to call not the responce I wan't from manufacturer din'd even give the email I sent to proper dept. that can help.

Tim Hudson
Old 06-09-2004, 09:13 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Took me several tries to figure out what he was saying, but the gist of it is that he's unhappy because Thunder Power gave him a phone number to call about replacing his bad battery rather than just sending him a new one, or dealing with it through email. Then again, if the poor guy speaks like he writes, maybe email would be preferable.

ytm, this is not your typical mega-corporation here. You won't spend hours on the phone, on your dime, waiting on hold for "the next available representative." ThunderPower is a relatively small company, and you should get through right away.
Old 06-10-2004, 09:07 PM
PortCityFlyer
My Feedback: (1)

Eye 2 cald Thundur Pwr help ln & got OTAY servce. Yey for computrs!
Old 06-11-2004, 12:14 AM
ZAGI-XS-=FatalFlyer=-

LMAO...... What???? No speakue engleshinoajdjdhjasfegnjoajoeg
Old 06-11-2004, 10:32 PM
MTEXX

Translation from Engrish:

I recieved a bad lipo batt from Thunder Power this weekend. It was essentially DOA; a lead tab popped off. I emailed the proper department at Thunder Power. They responded not with a real response- but with a '1-800' phone number. I'm torqued-off about this lack of communication!

[translation by MTEXX]
Old 06-12-2004, 05:38 PM
ZAGI-XS-=FatalFlyer=-

OOOOO.... Now it makes sense.... You rule!!!!
Old 06-12-2004, 07:30 PM
kennydee

I love this site, it even includes interpreters. The last few replies are hilarious. It pays to browse through misc. threads.
Old 06-13-2004, 07:35 PM
RC Extreme power
My Feedback: (24)

Call the number ??????????????
Milton
Old 06-14-2004, 02:02 PM
Jason W M
My Feedback: (6)

As a note - a lead pulled out of a pack is NOT a "bad pack" or "defective" by any means. 99.9% of the leads pulled from Thunder Power packs are because the person pulled too hard on the PACK when they were unplugging it rather than pulling on the connector. If you take a brand new pack of any size from TP, it takes a very, very hard tug to pull the tab out. Larger packs where weight isnt too much of a concern such as the 2100s have double strain reliefs even.

In most cases, the packs which have not been properly cared for by the owner are replaced at a very, very low price. IF the pack is found defective (rare, but not out of the question) it will be replaced at no charge. In order to take advantage of the replacement in either case, a call must be made to the technical department. Although it is not a 1-800 number, at the cost of long distance these days, it wont be much:

(702) 228-8883

While email is good for some things, its not always the best way to handle service and technical questions for everything (especially replacements). Phone calls get things explained much quicker, and also allows for more open communication in many cases.
Old 06-23-2004, 12:25 PM
enrique1123

Thunder Power has very good customer service, I've had problems in the past and they have helped me very promptly. there is a process to be followed but they come through. If they seem a little rushed over the phone remember that they have a business to run and hundreds of people to speak to, if they were to hire more people to answer their e-mail or all the phone calls immediately they would have to hike their prices up to pay for the extra expense. I personally don't care for Jason but they run a great shop with excellent customer service and they are not into this to make friends anyhow.