Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

Slow Stick Pack HELP

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 09:24 PM
gargoyle7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slow Stick Pack HELP

Rats, got my slow stick all ready to fly, went to plug in my pack & no speed control initialization/prop start

Now I have NOT used the 730 mah 8.4V pack that came with it but instead substituted my 1020 mah E-Tech Li Po's I use on my piccolo for longer flight times.

Is this too much battery for a Slow Stick with the ICS-300 power system?

Thing is my Hitec Rx works fine (I didnt opt for a GWS Rx)

?????????

Any help greatly appreciated, thanks!

Lee
Old 06-18-2004, 08:44 AM
hexonxonx
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Slow Stick Pack HELP

how many pollys ?if its a 2s , beats me.what happens with the8.4?do you possibly have a poor connection some where?
Old 06-21-2004, 10:43 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Slow Stick Pack HELP

Etec 1020? Never heard of them. I have some Etec 1200s that work quite well at up to 7.5 Amps. Is that what you meant?

There are also Kokam 1020 packs. If that's what you have, forget using them in the Slow Stick. Even if you could get them to start up, you'd just burn them out on the first flight. You need to know what C means, and pay attention to the continuous discharge rating given with every LiPoly cell in terms of C. The Kokam 1020 cells are rated for 3C, meaning about 3 Amps. Typical EPS300C drives draw about 7 Amps.

hex is on to something, though. If these are 3-cell packs, again, forget it. The ICS300 speed control is only rated for 6-8 cells IIRC. A 3-cell pack of LiPolys is equivalent to 10 cells of NiCd/NiMH. Too much voltage, and it won't initialize.