Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

Battery alternative...

Old 08-17-2004, 07:33 AM
Oddball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery alternative...

Hi All,

I have bought a Tipsy Nipper electric park flyer and the recommended batteries are KR600AE at 600 mAh. You can see the full kit at [link=http://www.hobby-lobby.com/nipper.htm]Tipsy Nipper Kit[/link].

Does anyone have any suggestions for alternative batteries with more power that will still fit in the plane within the KR600AE space specs and not have too much weight penalty...?

Thanks for any help you may give....

Oddball[:-]
Old 08-18-2004, 06:31 AM
ReallyUglyStick
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Battery alternative...

check www.cheapbatterypacks.com . they've got almost everything you'd need in batteries. they list dimensions and weights for their packs so you can compare. i've used them and like'em.
Old 08-18-2004, 07:20 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Battery alternative...

Specifically, KAN1050 and CBP1050 cells are drop-in NiMH replacements for the KR600AE NiCds. They give you better performance and double the flying time, for the same weight.

If you want to save some weight, you might be able to get away with the CBP650 NiMH cells, which are much smaller than any of the aforementioned cells. You'd be pushing them pretty hard, and you wouldn't get any additional flying time over the NiCds.

Personally, I'd get either of the 1050 cells. The Tipsy Nipper is designed for that size/weight cell.