Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > E-Flight Power Sources
Reload this Page >

Better battery for Estes Sky Rangers Jet?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

Better battery for Estes Sky Rangers Jet?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2004, 12:12 PM
newflyer100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Better battery for Estes Sky Rangers Jet?

Can anyone tell me if there is a better, more powerful battery that would be compatable with the Estes Sky Rangers Jet plane? I would love to get a longer flight time and a little more "boost" out of the plane. Thanks to anyone who can help!!!!!!!
Old 11-09-2004, 01:32 AM
crashawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Better battery for Estes Sky Rangers Jet?

is it rc or free flight? you will have to cut it open if it is free flight and determine how many cells it has. if it has 3 or less you can get cordless phone batteries at walmart (sometimes in the clearance aisle for a buck) that should be much larger cappacity. don't get the aa size packs, you are looking for the smaller batteries, most of the estes free flight planes have 50 to 150 mah batteries, you should be able to double your time with the phone packs but watch out that you don't add to much weight. (you can get away with one more cell to help make up for the extra weight but watch out for the motor overheating)
if it is rc you may have to just take the pack to a local hobby store and see what they have, though you may get away with the phone batteries too in some instances.

good luck.
Jason