Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > E-Flight Power Sources
Reload this Page >

LiPo Chargers Eflight vs Hobby Lobby

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

LiPo Chargers Eflight vs Hobby Lobby

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 05:39 PM
AU flyer
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LiPo Chargers Eflight vs Hobby Lobby

Is anyone using either the Eflight Celectra 1-3 cell charger or the Hobby Lobby Li-Poly Smart Charger for 1-4 cells? I have not seen any comments on these chargers pro or con. I am looking for a charger that wiill charge 860mAh 3 cell Lipos. I would even consider going on up to something like the Triton charger if there were enough advantanges.

Any comments or other suggestions...

Thanks
Old 12-31-2004, 03:49 PM
larryflew
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: LiPo Chargers Eflight vs Hobby Lobby

Biggest advantage of the Triton is the LED display. With discharge features etc you get a lot more information than the simple chargers will give you.
Old 01-04-2005, 12:46 AM
gravityrules

I've been using the Celectra for about a month now. No frills, but appears to do the job on my 3 cell 1500mA Kokam and ElectraFly batteries. No complaints and the price was right!
Old 01-09-2005, 07:56 PM
bboykin

just tried out my electric flight charger today it charged my 1200aph or whatever correctely i hope it works used my battery out of my fuel powered plane to do the charging battery was new didn't quite know how to charge properly after charge and few movemnts in receiver with the proper severos and bec controls plluged in right i got everthing to work right except for the linkages from severos and control links to the lhs for better linkages
Old 01-11-2005, 04:23 PM
altacom
My Feedback: (3)

I have been using the Astro 109 Li-Poly charger for over a year now, and it's really great.

I can charge any combination of cells up to 9000 MAH, and by using a Parallell setup can charge more than one pack at a time in the field, saving a lot of charging time and increasing flying time.

I have packs that range from 1 P to 3P and 720 MAH to 3000MAH and so far this charger handles it all. The automatic sensing of the packs is awsome. It's never failed to get it right.

The only time I have ever had problems with charging, have been operator error.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:35 PM
AU flyer
My Feedback: (2)

How do you wire it to charge two packs at the same time? Are you just parallelling the two packs off of one output. I would be afraid that it would not charge the two packs the same. I assume that the two packs have to be the same size.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:09 PM
Lammy1000

Does the celectra have an accessory sockey(cigarette) or alligator clipps?
Old 01-20-2005, 07:00 PM
bboykin

this charger comes with alligator clips to connect with battery direct would like to know if it could be plugged into cigarettate lighter ok
Old 01-28-2005, 11:28 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Look under your dash at the line going into the car lighter. Wire is small. Would not trust this indirect connection as you may fry your car, and charger. Go directly to the car battery to be safe.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:33 PM
bboykin

thanks for reply have old van that i carry my planes in would it be safe to to run wire to rear of van to put lighter con. and other 12v connection. what size wire needed to feed these two plugins, thanks for help am also learning to fly gas planes want to have charger panel in rear of van to charge or plug up the field chargers for all of my batteries.