Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

Micro Deans

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 03:08 PM
Leety

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Micro Deans

Is there an easy way to solder these things on?
I remember seeing a video awhile back, but it didn't look like those were micro deans.
I'm afraid of having the leads wind up touching each other.

Also, which way do they get soldered on?

IE, black goes on the prong part of the battery lead... or whatever.

Does it matter though, as long as I just keep it constant throughout?
wondering if htere was a standard way of doing it.. incase I'd use someone elses charger or he uses a battery, or something.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:53 AM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: Micro Deans

Hi, does not look like you are getting any help so far. Always always keep the wire colors the same, there are no exceptions ulness you want to burn something up. Deans stuff is very good, a buddy cuts of the standard ends off everything he has and converts to Deans. You need a 40 watt iron, and heat shrink tube as the shrink provided is so small I have never found a use for it. Tin both wire and deans plug ends prior to joining. Joint should be complete all the way around the wire and plug. Find something to hold the plug while soddering. Always follow the male to male and female to female as existing. You will get the hang of things shortly. A couple of practice runs would not hirt. Good luck!
Old 01-04-2005, 11:54 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Slide heatshrink on each wire. Strip each wire. Tin the pins, tin the wires, bring together, side-by-side, and heat momentarily. You just have to be extremely careful to not short it out. Having the connector held securely makes things a whole lot easier.

The "standard" way of connecting the wires is written on the package.
Old 01-04-2005, 03:45 PM
Leety

Thanks... ;p