Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > E-Flight Power Sources
Reload this Page >

Good prices Lithium batteries

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

Good prices Lithium batteries

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 12:08 AM
RC Extreme power
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 11.1v li-ion 1800 mAh+charger for $40

USB and download software from there web site to update the ESC
But like I said I don't know if it will work with NIMH.
Milton
Old 01-17-2005, 01:30 AM
FlybyPDX
My Feedback: (2)

Castle creations ESCs are the SH&^!!! They are so easy to change the cutoff on site. Takes 2 min. less if you have the voltage cutoffs memorized.
Old 01-17-2005, 08:08 PM
Ge Force

is the blue battery good?
Old 01-18-2005, 01:18 AM
luc-RCU

Default RE: Good prices Lithium batteries

you mean the epower I mentioned above?
They show a good curve at 8_9C, I just ordered some 2200 (at that price, it(s a bargan, provided you don't need 10C+
Old 01-18-2005, 02:02 AM
altacom
My Feedback: (3)

I've tried a number of Li-Pos over the past year, and have settled on the Kokam line exclusively. One of my Kokam packs was purchased nearly a year ago, and is still doing the same job as the day I first used them. Some of the cheaper ones I've purchased have since gone by the wayside.

I've also found that the Voltage drop over time on the Kokam Batteries seems to be better. On some of the others I've tried, the voltage after a minute or 2 can be down to around 10 volts. Kokams seem to hold the voltage above 10 volts for a lot longer.

To calculate the max Current you can draw from a given pack, you multiply the "C" rating times the Pack rating and divide by 1000.

For Example the New Kokam 2000 high capacity batteries can pull 30Amps continuous.

2000 *15 (the C value) = 30000

30000 divided by 1000 = 30 AMPS

That is the max current, and I use it as a guideline. If you pull 30 AMPs continuous, you are going to find hot batteries at the end of the flight. Hot batteries don't last as long.

If I needed 30 Amps, I would go with 2 of these packs in Parallel, giving me 60 AMPS available, and the batteries come down cool, and last longer. Not withstanding the greatly increased flight times.

On My MiniFuntana the draw (Static) is 28 amps. In the air this goes down by something like 10% as the prop unloads. 1 3S-1P 2000 MAH pack works fine, and the batteries are cool after the flight.

I try to always have well above the MAH required to fly the plane, keeping the batteries cooler and the flight times long. And I guess like everything else, with Li-Po batteries, you get what you pay for.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:22 AM
upperkingjr
My Feedback: (1)

I bought some of my batteries from this site and some include a charger for 30 bucks both li-on and poly http://rc-expert.com/product-access-list.php?id=1