Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > E-Flight Power Sources
Reload this Page >

Any comment on PolyCharger Lithium-Polymer Charger?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

Any comment on PolyCharger Lithium-Polymer Charger?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 11:36 PM
ericvprum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any comment on PolyCharger Lithium-Polymer Charger?

Hi! I'm new to RC... I have a Hummingbird v3 micro heli... and I'm looking to move to LiPo's... I've seen a lot of people pointing to the Triton as the best charger, but I'm just looking for a charger that will do the job. I went to the website of the Triton and saw that they have a charger that is just for LiPo batteries from 1-3 cells... Anybody have used or know something about this model? or any other charger that would recommend?
Old 02-24-2005, 03:03 PM
amdhotprocessor
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Any comment on PolyCharger Lithium-Polymer Charger?

yes, this is a good charger. me and a friend went 50 50 on it and love it, the downside is that you have to wait a bit if you use a big battery. i charge a 1500 for almost 2 hrs but it lasts almost an hour in a gypsy at 14 oz so i am not sure what runtimes choppers get but prolly close, als over 1 hr on a ss with throttle management. great charger though very simple, but a tad slow on 1000+mah lipos. and for less than 30 dead presidents it not expensive either. however the triton is a higher quality. but not worth the $ to me
Old 02-24-2005, 11:57 PM
ericvprum

Hi amdhotprocessor, Thanks for yout response... I was thinking the same thing... I thought that maybe the triton would be too much for my actual needs... I read a review on a forum which I don't remember that says that it is a good and reliable option so I think I'll buy it in a few days/weeks... thanks again...
Old 02-26-2005, 08:38 AM
My Feedback: (1)

I picked one up this week, primarily because I share the same sentiments as you guys. So far it has worked well charging a ThunderPower 1320mah 3s.

The only thing missing is all the "bells & whistles" features & that it charges kind of slowly. Neither of those are a big consideration for me.

Brad