Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

Connector weights?

Old 02-26-2005, 06:14 PM
I & C Tech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Connector weights?

I can't believe Deans doesn't list the weights of their connectors on their website, muchless the amp ratings. Does anyone have any idea of the weight savings of a set of micro plugs compared to a set of ultra plugs?
Old 02-27-2005, 10:43 PM
jacobn

Default RE: Connector weights?

Not sure about the micros, but the ultras weigh about 4.7g for a male/female pair.

Jacob
Old 03-01-2005, 11:42 PM
yellertoof
My Feedback: (2)

Here is a good comparison of the different connectors. The micro deans are .9g a pair and can handle 15 amps.
Old 03-02-2005, 01:29 AM
I & C Tech

That's a 0.13 ounce savings! I'm trying to decide which to convert to. I have four packs with Ultra connectors on them. I have one pack, a charge lead, and my speed controller on the micro plugs. I have plenty of each type so I may go ahead and change to micros on the battery packs. They fall under the 15 amp capacity. Thanks for the info guys.