Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > E-Flight Power Sources
Reload this Page >

Extra small 7.4v Li-Poly Packs

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

Extra small 7.4v Li-Poly Packs

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 12:37 PM
teamturbo
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extra small 7.4v Li-Poly Packs

Hey guys. I've been looking for some small 7.4v batteries. From what I've seen around, the average size 7.4v Li-Poly battery is appx 60x40mm. Does anyone know of a source with smaller packs? Maybe 40x30mm or 50x40mm?

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-27-2005, 01:08 PM
Jleyland
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Extra small 7.4v Li-Poly Packs

Take a look at the specs on the tp480 packs. TP480-2SJ http://www.thunderpower-batteries.co...batteries.html
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Shop/ByC...hType=Standard
Old 02-27-2005, 01:48 PM
GWR
My Feedback: (31)

Don't know what your looking to do but, before Lipos, on really small planes we would go to Radio Shack and get a few "button" type lithium batteries. Some are very small hearing aid size and some are about 3/4" diameter. Back then they worked just fine.
Old 02-27-2005, 11:23 PM
Bevo

E-tec has a nice small battery that they make. I believe it's around 300-400 mah and the size is really nice. Check out www.allerc.com and look at the pack and see.

Bevo
Old 03-08-2005, 12:24 PM
purehobby

We have 2s600 10c Poly-Quest ones in stock. Not on my website but they are 53 x 23 x 14. Poly-Quest pricing has also has been lowered so you will find them to be a great buy. If you are interested in pricing please email me at [email protected]

Thanks
Robert
Old 03-08-2005, 04:47 PM
teamturbo

Thanks for all of your replies.

I've got some questions:

I just purchased this battery:

http://www.batteryspace.com/index.as...OD&ProdID=1228

I'm pretty satisfied with the battery. However, I've got a question. The battery came with no instructions. The battery feature a possitive and negative lead (Red, Black). These 2 leads are for the power.
The battery also came with a connector and 2 plug ins for each of the cells. My quesions is this: do I charge through the connector and plug or do I charge straight through the main power wires? If I were to ue the connector and plug, it seems that I would have to charge each cell seperately as there are 2 plugins; 1 for each cell.
Also, I was wondering if anyone could inform me on the C 10-12 discharge rating the battery has.

I'm also interested in this battery:

http://www.allerc.com/product_info.p...products_id=66

What kind of run time could I expect from a pack like this? I'm using these packs on some small RC toy cars. How many amps of current could a battery like that support? What would it's max stall be? Would it be able to run a 1A motor? Could it run more powerfull motors?

I'd really appreciate the input!
Old 03-08-2005, 05:01 PM
purehobby

teamturbo,
the first set of wires being the ones you use to run the battery can be used to charge the complete pack and i would assume the other ones are for balancing cells by charging cells individually.

Not familiar with that brand myself maybe someone else can answer that but i would assume they are between 8-10c. which would be good for 1ah.

hope it helps.
Pure Hobby
Old 03-08-2005, 10:34 PM
teamturbo

So are you saying that little battery from the second link would be good for about 1 amp of continious current?

Anyone else want to comment?
Old 03-12-2005, 12:26 AM
teamturbo

Thanks for all of your replies.

I've got some questions:

I just purchased this battery:

http://www.batteryspace.com/index.as...OD&ProdID=1228

I'm pretty satisfied with the battery. However, I've got a question. The battery came with no instructions. The battery feature a possitive and negative lead (Red, Black). These 2 leads are for the power.
The battery also came with a connector and 2 plug ins for each of the cells. My quesions is this: do I charge through the connector and plug or do I charge straight through the main power wires? If I were to ue the connector and plug, it seems that I would have to charge each cell seperately as there are 2 plugins; 1 for each cell.
Also, I was wondering if anyone could inform me on the C 10-12 discharge rating the battery has.

I'm also interested in this battery:

http://www.allerc.com/product_info.p...products_id=66

What kind of run time could I expect from a pack like this? I'm using these packs on some small RC toy cars. How many amps of current could a battery like that support? What would it's max stall be? Would it be able to run a 1A motor? Could it run more powerfull motors?

I'd really appreciate the input!
Sorry, but I'm wondering if anyone here would help me out. Don't want to be nagging or anything.