Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

Polyquest Lipo question

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 04:10 AM
Evil Homer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Polyquest Lipo question

I am looking at buying some Polyquest lipos, i have found there are two different type of the same capacity and voltage with different pricing, for example:
PQ3S-2200
PQ3S-2200N

the 2200 is rated for 10c versus the 2200n is 12C, the price difference is about $20 betweeen the packs.
Firstly how good are the Polyquest packs, Secondly is the extra 2c really worth it, just looking at heli packs so nominal current is 15-20 Amps
Old 03-25-2005, 06:20 AM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Polyquest Lipo question

I have the 2s1p narrow 4400/ 7.4 in my Stryker, running a Magnetic Mayhem rev motor, 7X6 3 blade prop. This set up pulls 30+ amps, initial flight tests with a lot of WOT, showed 17 min/pack voltage of 7.4 after run. Lots more to go. I see they now list TP packs on their site also, packaging looks same. They are supplier for many others to rebrand. VERY happy with their product.
BJ
Old 03-25-2005, 05:09 PM
I & C Tech

I just put the initial flights on two 3s1p 1500's. I'm fairly new to this but I like what I got. Seems like a quality product at a competitive price.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:25 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Evil,
I checked with PolyQuest - Pure Hobby, per them 10C will work fine for you if only pulling 20amps. Only difference between the two, other than price, is 12C will give a few extra cycles as not pulling as much capacity VS 10C. Also per them, (quote)"most polyquest (Enerland made cells) have been produced under different names like irate/ tanic was also at one point."
If you have more questions contact Robert, [email protected] He was a great help to me when I was looking for pack/guard/charger. Will definitely deal with him/ them again.
BJ
Old 03-28-2005, 11:19 PM
RC Extreme power
My Feedback: (24)

The N also stand for narrow pack, They are not as wide as the others
Milton