Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > E-Flight Power Sources
Reload this Page >

Is a lithum charger with 1.2a good enough?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

Is a lithum charger with 1.2a good enough?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 02:08 AM
barelias

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is a lithum charger with 1.2a good enough?

some cheap lithum chargers add says Dedicated Lithium Polymer charger for 4 cells (14.8V)
* 1.2Amp charging rate for Lithium Polymer batteries with more than 1199mAh capacity)
does it mean it will charge up to 1200mah batteries only or that is per hr only meaning if i charge a my 11.1v 2100mah lithum for longer time that would be fine?
Old 07-20-2005, 06:01 AM
Woody 51

Default RE: Is a lithum charger with 1.2a good enough?

A 1.2 amp hour Lipo charger will theoretically charge a 1200Ma/H pack in 1 hour, a 2400 Ma/H pack in 2 hours and a 600 Maq/H pack in 30 minutes. (Assuming they are flat) Other sizes are proportional to that.

Just ensure you are aware of the number of cells the charger can charge. Some cheap units can only charge 2 cells at a time. You want one that can charge up to 4, for better flexibility.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:22 PM
barelias

should i get triton charger? I start seeing some 4000 to 8000 mah lithums around. which charger should be good so i dont have to buy one every year? I need one that is good for both lithums ,nimh and nicd so i can sell the supernova 250s i got.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:47 PM
BobbyGee
My Feedback: (3)

If you're willing to spend for a Triton, spend a bit more and go for the Hobbico AccuCycler Elite.

It will charge NiCads, NiMH's, & LiPolys. It will also cycle bateries for maintenance. It handles two battery packs at a time. Can be powered from 12v or 110 v source.

If I'd known then what I know now, I would have bought that first instead of all different kinds of smaller, cheaper stuff that left me needing more as I grew and diversified in the hobby.

BobbyG