Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > E-Flight Power Sources
Reload this Page >

Li-Poly Pack construction materials

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

Li-Poly Pack construction materials

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 05:06 PM
ianober
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Li-Poly Pack construction materials

I have heard many things about building an re-building packs on this site and I am hoping that this thread can be used as a collabrative forum. I would like to know the materials typically used for building a Li-Poly pack (i.e. special solder, solder tabs, and such) so that I may "customize" my packs. I have built many NiCad and NIMH packs so I am no stranger to soldering and shrinking. However I have heard that Li-Poly batteries use special solder and thats mostly what I am looking for here. If you have re-built a pack I would love to hear from your experience or if you know of a company that will reconfigure your pack for you please chime in.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:25 PM
ianober

Default RE: Li-Poly Pack construction materials

I find it hard to believe that on this site there is no one who has any of this information. At least lets hear what the type of solder is that your need to use and where you can get it!!!!
Old 11-03-2005, 01:10 PM
ianober

Default RE: Li-Poly Pack construction materials

Ok, so a little research form my trusty friend "Google" and I have found some information that "I" will be willing to share. I have found that you need to use aluminum soldering paste for the Li-Poly batteries. Now wether you use this paste with normal solder or not I am not sure yet, but I do know you need to use the paste.