Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > E-Flight Power Sources
Reload this Page >

thunderpower charger short!

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

thunderpower charger short!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 12:29 AM
zachj1212

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thunderpower charger short!

I have been using the thunder power charger for my 2 cell lipos for over a year now. One day when i was at the field, me and my friend thought that we smelled something funny. Well, i didn't find it for 5 minuets, but my charger was smoking!

IT was a good thing that i found it, becase it was in the bag with all the other flight stuff.
THERE WAS NO POWER CONECTED TO THE CHARGER!!!!!!!
I sent 2 emails to thunder power asking them if they would replace it, but for over 2 weeks, i have heard nothing!
ANy suggestions?
Has anyone else had this expierience?

thanxs!

zach
Old 11-28-2005, 10:43 AM
Doug Sipprell
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: thunderpower charger short!

ORIGINAL: zachj1212
...my charger was smoking!....it was in the bag with all the other flight stuff.
THERE WAS NO POWER CONECTED TO THE CHARGER!!!!!!!
I sent 2 emails to thunder power asking them if they would replace it, but for over 2 weeks, i have heard nothing! ANy suggestions?
Suggestions: Yes, tell your charger to stop smoking, it's bad for its health. While you are at it, you might want to quit smoking whatever it is you have been messing with.

TP has not responded, I would surmise, as they don't buy this line of hooey anymore than any one else might. Great story, however.

One possibility: Did you still have a Lipo connected to the charger, while it was "in the bag"?
Another possibility: Are you referring to a balancer, such as the TP205, rather than an actual charger?

Kindest regards

RD
Old 11-28-2005, 10:57 AM
zachj1212

excuse me, doug. i am not even going to respond to you becasue for some reason, you feel that because my charger shorted out, i am a drug addict, and i am a liar.

does anyone else have a suggestion?
Old 11-28-2005, 11:13 AM
Doug Sipprell
My Feedback: (2)

Zach:

PM sent, I reiterate all.

Hope you can solve your "problem".

RD