Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

LiPo Charger help

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 06:07 PM
bkdraft
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LiPo Charger help

I am new to electric flight. I have a Spektrum radio flying a E-Yak-54. I bought a 1300 lipo battery and already had a Multiplex LN-5014 charger. It works, but takes nearly an hour to charge. What is the best/fastest charger for the field?
Thanks,
James

After reading some more it appears that an hour charging time for LiPo batteries is normal. If this is true, the charger I have is sufficient. True?

Old 01-08-2006, 10:27 PM
Recon1172

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LiPo Charger help

True, Lipo's get nasty at anything over 1C while Nicads and Nimh don't mind 2 or even 3C.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:19 AM
Greg Covey

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: LiPo Charger help

All LiPos can be charged at 1C or 1 times the capacity of the pack or less.

Only the [link=http://www.fmadirect.com/new_applications/BPHDSplashPG/index.htm]BalancePro HD[/link] line from FMA Direct can be charged at a 3C rate safely without degredation of the pack. This requires special Kokam cells and a BalancePro HD charger.