Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

thunder power 2100

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 06:30 PM
rcfury
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thunder power 2100

I got a question, do you know whats going on with the TP 3s1p 2100. Everyone is having trouble finding this battery. My lhs is on back order for the longest time. Seems like the expected date is later and later. Is it that popular that TP just didn't make enough?
Old 01-28-2006, 07:03 PM
jdetray

Default RE: thunder power 2100

Some online vendors show the TP 2100 3S Pro-Lites as in stock. Here are a few. There are probably more, but these are the first three I found.

[link=http://www.atlantahobby.com/shopexd.asp?id=991]Atlanta Hobby[/link]
[link=http://www.allerc.com/product_info.php?cPath=3_4_70&products_id=90]All e RC[/link]
[link=http://aeromicro.com/Catalog/thunder_power_pro_lite_3-cell_2100_mah_li-po_pack_4479728.htm]AeroMicro[/link]

- Jeff
Old 01-30-2006, 10:43 PM
Bevo

The reason why they are out of stock is Thunder Power has just released a new cell. I saw them just the other day. The new packs are rated from a 31.5 amp continuous draw to a 50 amp burst. (Old cell 31.5/42) The cell's look the same and the packaging is too but the numbers are different. If you need one right away look at www.allerc.com. When ever Thunder Power has a new cell out they are one of the first online shops to have them.

Bevo
Old 01-31-2006, 07:26 PM
Greg Covey

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually, the All e RC store does not show stock status.

The real reason the ThunderPower and all Saehan cell vendors are out of stock is as follows.

The ThunderPower packs are made from Saehan cells in Korea. These are distributed and owned by a company in the U.S. called Emerging Power. The Saehan production facility in Korea is fully utilized and this only developed at the end of 2005. The business for supplying electrolyte has grown beyond their current capabilities to keep up with demand. As a result, this same electrolyte used in their Lithium cell production has been affected as R/C is not their primary business. Most customers are experiencing delays.