Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

LIPO power dilema

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 02:16 AM
u-can-do

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LIPO power dilema

I am not sure whether to be crying yet or not as i ahve just invested in a 3s 1500mah super high discharge lipo
with a discharge rate of 15-20c or 23 - 30 amps
The only problem i think i may be going to encounter is when i hook it up to my reach 25amp brushed esc
Will this battery pack blow the esc?

I am so worried as it is hard to find a 30amp plus esc in NEW ZEALAND

Help is much appreciated

U-can

-------------------------------------------------
May the force be with you but be prepared
to go to the hobby shop and get more
Old 02-04-2006, 08:23 AM
Mayday!Mayday!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LIPO power dilema

u-can-do, I will try to keep this simple and easy to understand. I would guess by your question you don't know about lipo batteries so

1. The battery does not always put out 23-30 amps. It only puts out what the motor is pulling. So if your motor/prop combo is pulling lets say 16 amps, then the battery only puts out 16 amps.

2. The 23 to 30 amp rating on the battery is the max that you may run this battery at, not what you have to run it at.

3. Do you know what amps you will be pulling with your setup? If you are going by a recommend setup find out, it helps to know what you need/want out of the system.

4. I think you should go over to the lipo forums and do some reading, lipos are a risk if you don't understand them and misuse them.

5. While your doing some reading, you should ckeck out how the motor, prop, esc battery system works.