Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

LiPo charge wires

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 08:39 AM
marcucco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LiPo charge wires

I think I might be asking the same question as "Webfoot" in his "Li-po balancing adapter wires"
I was trying to find a source for the white modular 4 pin connectors used for balance charging, (both the male and female modular ends and the pins)
...or at least the proper technical name for them so I can search them up on line.

I have two 11.1V/2100mAh LiPo's and an Align Balance Charger that are all equipped with this plug.
I'd like to charge the batteries without taking them off the helis,
and I managed to pull one of the wires out of the plug on the no-name battery so I'd like to replace it.

Thanks

M
Old 04-20-2006, 12:51 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: LiPo charge wires

Unfortunately, there are several different types of balancing connectors at this point in the evolution of the technology, so you're going to have to figure out which one you have. It sounds like you've got whatever type Align decided to use, so I'd call them and ask. They're going to be an off-the-shelf commodity part, so you can get them from a source like Mouser Electronics. They'll be referred to as "header" type connectors, most likely.

FMA now sells "pigtails" for their Cellpro line so you can wire up your packs to work with their charger, but those are the only ones I'm personally aware of.
Old 04-22-2006, 10:09 AM
marcucco

Default RE: LiPo charge wires

Thanks' Matt

I checked out FMA and didn't see what I was looking for.
(...doesn't mean it wasn't there, I just didn't see it)

I'm headed down to the hobby shop to find a replacement for my Shogun's twisted main mast.
Maybe they'll have something there.

I posted a photo of the particular plug I was referring to in my gallery.
If you get a chance, have a look.

I kind of hijacked physicsnerd's charger thread in the course of this search.
Maybe something will come of it.

Thanks again

m