Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > E-Flight Power Sources
Reload this Page >

Triton ZX DC Computer Charger

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

Triton ZX DC Computer Charger

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 11:49 AM
shotat
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Triton ZX DC Computer Charger

Does anyone have any new information on the Triton ZX DC Computer Charger that is not posted on Tower Hobbies website? I am wanting to know if the thing is going to have a Fast Charge Algorithm for the lithium batteries because if it is not, what is the major advantage of the new charger?
Thanks!
Old 07-19-2006, 12:52 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Triton ZX DC Computer Charger

Information posted here: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXMAJ1

Old 07-19-2006, 02:19 PM
shotat
My Feedback: (1)

I looked a couple of weeks ago and unless I missed it I dont remember seeing anything about a fast charge rate/now I do... I have been flying nitro for a while now but have started to look into the electrics. Is this charger going to pretty much be a do it all? My friend said that I would want a charger with the fast charge capabilities for the lipo/ion batteries. It is my understanding that this means you can charge a pack in 20 minutes due to it charging individual cells in the pack while keeping it balanced. What I really would like to know, without you having one in hand, is what are the experts/you guys opinions on this charger? Does it seem to have all of the latest/greatest functionality or is there something better out there? I searched earlier and couldnt find anything on it so if you have a forum link then send it my way. Thanks and forgive my ignorance, just trying to get into the world of electrics one step at a time.
Old 07-22-2006, 08:17 AM
Flypaper 2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a Triton but I was thinking of updating for some of the added features. Triton is versatile as it does many types of batts. But unless it fast charges through a balance connector I would be leary. Couple of fellows in the club are using the FMA Celpro which does that. Charges in 35 mins what takes me 1 hr with the Triton. Price is much more reasonable too. I'm getting into the bigger planes with lithium Ion batts so just got in the FMA Balance Pro but haven't got to use it yet so can't comment on it.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:14 PM
Pdwight

It looks like it will be too big for my Explorer

http://www.singlebuoy.com/html/PDF/S...V%20Triton.pdf

I do like the arms and claws though