Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

Portable power stations

Old 01-07-2007, 03:56 AM
meddyliol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Portable power stations

Hi, has anyone tried to charge batteries using one of those rechargeable power stations, you know, the ones that will start your car if you have a flat battery?

Brian
Old 01-07-2007, 10:53 AM
soarhead-RCU

Default RE: Portable power stations

I have not, but many guys use them for small park flyer batteries. If you get into the large capacity flight packs then they dont have enough "juice" to charge many packs. Very conveint for smaller stuff, Have there own charger built in and other do-dads and they are "gelcell type" so can be put in any position without any leakage of the electrolite. Most over here are very reasonable priced also.
Good Luck
Bob
Old 01-07-2007, 02:00 PM
meddyliol

Default RE: Portable power stations

Thanks, I have just purchased one for £24.99 (about $50). This also starts cars with flat batteries and pumps up tyres. I charged one of my batteries (8.2V, 1000mAh) battery with no problems. (I am currently building an EasyStar).

Thanks again

Brian