Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > E-Flight Power Sources
Reload this Page >

Need help choosing lipo's

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

Need help choosing lipo's

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 02:51 AM
01SCSS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help choosing lipo's

I have a stock Parkzone F-27B, Typhoon, and P-51. I wan't to make the switch over to lipos but I'm not sure what to get. I want two batteries that will work in all three planes. Would an 11.1v 3cell 12c 2200mah work in all three planes?

Cheers
-Zach
Old 01-24-2007, 10:53 AM
Fliprob17

Default RE: Need help choosing lipo's

It depends on what your plans are for the rest of the electrical systems in those planes. Are they already setup as brushless? Or are they stock brushed motors, a lot of stock systems won't handle a 3 cell LiPo and the 11.1 volts. A majority of brushed stock motors are only rated at 7.2 volts.

The big question is, how much are you looking to do? If you are going to get a new motor and esc for each plane, then the 11.1 volt 3 cell is the way to go. If you want to try and make your stock stuff work with a LiPo, then you are probably stuck with a 7.4 volt 2 cell LiPo in order to keep the stock parts from smoking
Old 01-24-2007, 11:48 PM
01SCSS

Well all three have 3-cell 2100mAh Li-Po compatibility for the option to fly with a Li-Po pack. You just pull a jumper in the rx/esc and it's good. Except the typhoon which has to be programmed to accept the lipo. More worried if a dymond 12c 2200mah 11.1v 3 cell will fit all three planes. Anyone know?
Old 02-09-2007, 04:12 PM
JoshGordon

The best battery for this application would be a 2100mAh, 15C pack as the Typhoon can be an Amp hog depending on your prop selection.

Joshua Gordon
Common Sense RC
www.CommonSenseRC.com
Toll Free 866-405-8811