Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

Li poly battery

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 09:15 PM
jorgecr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Li poly battery

I have a battery li poly 3 cell 11.1 for my blade cp, and i have problems recharging it with a hobbyco quick field charger mk2 "not conditioner", somebody said the charge of battery went too low in the discharge process, maybe someone can help me how to recharge it

Old 06-03-2007, 03:45 AM
mrasmm

Default RE: Li poly battery

if you have a multimeter measure the votlage of the overall battery, that is done on the dishcarge plug on the battery that hooks into the heli.

Also measure the voltages on the balance connector, and how you do this is if you number the conductors 1 2 3 4, then you measure 1 and 2 then 2 and 3 then 3 and 4, that should give you 3 readings one for each of the cells. Be real careful not to short anything out (ie touch any two metal parts together).

Once you have that info, post that back on here and I can help you from there =)
Old 06-03-2007, 09:34 PM
mrasmm

ORIGINAL: jorgecr

Hi and thankyou for the help i did the measure and the overall is under 9 volts, and the single measures is 2.9, 2.9 annd 3.0
you're welcome =)

that is plenty low, but you should still be able to charge it. The lowest amount you can go is 2.75v per cell. As far as how to charge it with the current charger you have, I really don't know much about that charger. Hopefully someone else who is reading can chime in here, or maybe you could turn to the manual or a friend with a charger that can handle this situation. Usually a cheap wall wart charger is good for this situation.

Good luck =)
Old 06-06-2007, 01:46 AM
jooNorway

It is not recommended, but I know they can be saved by charging using a NiXX-charger set at appr 100 mA for 5 minutes. Then the voltage should be high enough for the LiPo-charger to detect and charge the batteries, as mrasmm mentioned.

Me and a lot of other people have used this method, although it is not what the manufactorers recommend I think. But do not leave the batteries on the NiXX-charger unattended for a long time!!! And set a proper cut-off on your ESC.