Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

CellPro 4s Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 10:27 PM
Synister

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CellPro 4s Question

I read somwhere that the Cellpro is designed only for power sources that deliver 10-16v DC at only up to 5 amps. I currently use a computer power supply that runs at 12v DC and 6amps, I really want to get a cellpro to use with this...is this going to be a problem?
Old 06-27-2007, 05:50 AM
jooNorway

Default RE: CellPro 4s Question

No problem. A lot of people use that solution. If the supply is able to deliver 5 or 50 amps is not interesting. As long as it keeps the correct voltage for the charger.

But you could start saving up some money for a powersupply in the future I use supplies from Graupner which deliver 20A, but of course I have larger chargers. But as soon as you don`t need more than 5A stay with the gadgets you have today. If you are not one of the gadget-freaks who just HAVE to have the top of the art all time... An expensive habit []
Old 06-27-2007, 06:31 AM
mrasmm

yeah, basically what he said =)

I don't see though where it says max 5amps on the power supply. I see where it says it charges at a max of 4 amps. Amps on the power supply do not really matter, basically if your charger can hold a steady voltage (and it does this by supplying enough amps), then it will be fine. Like what was said above, you could run this charger on a 50 amp power supply with no real trouble. The only difference is if something catastrophically failed you'd see alot more sparks with the 50A power supply =P That's a very very very unlikely situation though.

Another thing to think about, most field charger batteries are capable of something close to 200 or 250 amps, and they don't fry chargers.

All in all that means you're just dandy for now, although like norway said, you might want a bigger supply sooner or later =)

http://www.fmadirect.com/products.htm?cat=45&nid=4
Old 06-27-2007, 06:42 PM
Synister

Thanks guys, right after I posted that last night I got to thinking about how many amps a car battery has and I figured what could a measly 6A do in comparison. Unfortunately, FMA direct is sold out of the 3amp charger (sorry joo, I fly a Trex 450 and thats about it!!!) so Ill have to wait to try and fry it
Old 06-28-2007, 12:00 PM
jooNorway

ORIGINAL: Synister

(sorry joo, I fly a Trex 450 and thats about it!!!)
LOL. If you get addicted I know you soon will have more gadgets than you dream of today. Don`t ask how I know