Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

Race Rat Power

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 12:22 PM
Kaos1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Race Rat Power

Greetings,

Do any of you have a recommendation for a power set up for a Race Rat? I have one, new in the box, that I want to venture into fast electric flight. I know that I will have to beef up the wing as this is a common place for failure as well as the fuse. I don't need to break the 200mph barrier as I know that the air frame would probably not hold up but the 150 range might be nice.

Kaos 1
Old 07-28-2007, 03:00 AM
mrasmm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Race Rat Power

hrm, it looks like you've asked this q several times, but it looks like no one really knows the answer. Sorry I don't really know what to tell you either. I don't know how many oz of thrust that plane would need to get going that fast, or how much the plane even weighs in the first place.

The first way I would go about solving the problem is figuring out the AUW of the plane, and then figuring out how many oz of thrust you will need to get it up to the speed you are looking for, and then matching a motor and a prop after you have that info is pretty easy. Good luck with figuring it out =)