Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

ZIPPY AND RHINO LIPO's

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 07:56 AM
Edge 540
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZIPPY AND RHINO LIPO's

Ok....... I want to chime in on my experience of High dollar packs verses VERY LOW DOLLAR PACKS. Ever since United Hobbies has been in existance I have purchased all my packs from them, unless at a show or something and the urge to buy presents itself. I have personally in the past purchased the " known Brand " packs and have had equal or less satisfaction with them as I have with the " Lower Dollar " packs purchased from China. I being a fairly maticulous person keep xcell charts on all of my packs to keep the mah drain and charge cycles up to date, and on record for my knowledge. I just recently for insurance puruposes had to inventory all of my modeling items and took a count of all the packs I own in py posession. I have a total of 23 Lipo's ranging from 2S to 10S, 21 of them were purchased from United Hobbies. I " knock on wood" have yet in all the time I have been ordering from them have received a bad pack, or poofed pack. Granted I am very religious about balancing and storing my packs at their proper voltage.

In my collection I have Zippy H's , Zippy R's , Hextronic , and Rhino Packs. I just recently last season had a 30% Extra 260 built for me that I run with a 10S 5000 Setup using the Zippy packs, and I could not be happier with the performance of the packs themselves, and the Turnigy Sentalon ESC that I am using. I am also a pattern competitor and I use Zippy packs in my tx. and it is so nice to go to two meets in a row and not worrying about charging.

I guess what I am hopping this thread sparks is to take away the " FEAR " of running the lower dollar packs.

IN VOLTAGE WE TRUST !!!!!!!
Old 02-06-2009, 11:08 AM
jmir
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: ZIPPY AND RHINO LIPO's

I have purchased 5 3S and 4 4S ZIPPY packs for myself and about 6 other packs for other members of our flying group.
So far, we have had very good luck with them. I only had to repair one small 3S 1300 mah pack which I had been using for quite some time. I had to reheat the solder joints to get it operating properly again. I was lucky I noticed the intermitent problem while plugging the battery in rather than while flying my plane.

I was using Thunder Powers and Dualsky packs before I found the Zippy ad in a magazine.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:25 PM
Karate2Kid

how are the Rhino packs working for you? are they as good as the Zippies?
Old 05-17-2009, 10:38 PM
speedy72vega

I have recently purchased 4 Zippy 3s1p 2650mah battery packs, and I must admit, so far they have been great. I have flown my 63" Extra 330L 5 or 6 times now, I run 2 packs in series, and the capacity of the batteries is great. I recharge them at just below 2c, no heat, no swelling. The long term reliability still has yet to be seen though.

The thing that made me buy them is the $22.50 ea price tag. Comparable Thunder Power or the like would have run me more for 1 pack than it cost mefor all 4 Zippys.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:44 AM
hooker53
My Feedback: (106)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK-Lets talk about charging these packs. I know you can charge them at 2C but will it not prolong the life of the cells to do 1-C?? Just wondering!! Thanks