Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

hobby king questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 07:46 AM
fmw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: hobby king questions

It has to be the worst place on the planet to buy RC gear for any reason other than price.  Personally, I've done pretty well with the Turnigy batteries from Hobby King.  I've had mixed results with everything else.  I don't go there at all any more except fo order batteries.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:10 AM
jmir
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: jmir (posted June 2009)
My last two packs are 3S 2200mah 25C Rhino's and they are awesome. Can't go wrong considering the price.
Update: After one year of heavy use, one of the packs is now starting to puff-up, the other one is still going strong. I'm retired, so I fly almost every day. Not bad for a cheap battery!
Old 06-10-2010, 12:16 PM
dreadnaut
My Feedback: (5)

I love the price on batteries, and got a good deal, and some pretty good service, on some CF tube and fabric, and some EC connectors. The only negative I had was with a carbon fiber spinner, great price, but ran with too much wobble. The dang thing isn't even heavy enough to use as a paper weight[:'(]
Old 06-11-2010, 09:24 PM
submikester
My Feedback: (6)

I just ordered a Turnigy motor from them for my Sportster EP - took about 5 or 6 days to get here (Los Angeles). I've ordered plenty of batteries from them and they are all still going strong. I have also ordered servos (HXT900s) and those are good. This is my first motor though.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:35 PM
Dr_Chuckie

Let us know how it works out. I was thinking about buying one recently but had seen some bad reports. I did buy a Turnigy speed controller though which so far seems to be OK. I too have not had any problems with their batteries or shipping.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:04 PM
Farmer Ted
My Feedback: (5)

I have never had a problem with a Turnigy motor. I've got them in most of my planes (7 or 8) and some have had over 100 flights, crashes, and various other abuse with no issues. The only problem I ever had with one was that I overheated it and killed it but that was my fault, not the motor's.

My favorite Turnigy motors are the 35-30 series and the 35-48 series. The 35-48-1100 is a gem of a motor that lies somewhere in between an E-Flite Power 25 and 32 but it's lighter and smaller than either one.

The Turnigy ESCs are great and easily programmable via the programming card.

The only Turnigy products I've had issues with were a batch of servos I got that wouldn't center and were very slow. It was just that one model of servo though because I've had other Turnigy servos that were great. The little micro metal gear servos work great and are a bargain.

I've heard people talk trash about buying stuff from Hobby King but whether you buy it from them or a US supplier, it all comes from the same factories in China. All your US suppliers do is put their label on it and charge 2-3 times as much because they have to pay all the middlemen. I honestly don't believe that an AXI motor or name brand battery or Castle ESC or whatever is 2-3 times better than anything I can buy from Hobbycity.

Welcome to the global economy. Do your research and spend your money wisely; It's your money after all.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:02 PM
nonstoprc
My Feedback: (90)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The shipping time for me for 6 packs of Turnegy 5000mah 20c battery is about 2 weeks (from Hong Kong to the States). The shipping cost is about $50.

I have heard good feedback on these packs.