Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hobby king questions

anybody dealt with them,looking to buy some zippys,but the ones i need seem to be out of stock all the time,also ive heard it takes a long time for shipping,exactly what is a long time,1 week 2 weeks ?i want to buy from them but i dont want to wait like 2 to 3 weeks to get batterys,if i can get them,any suggestions,thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: hobby king questions

I`ve heard "rumors" saying they won`t sell more Zippy Flightmax... rumors... Same rumors say Rhino will be "the brand".
    Long time for shipping; usually I have the gadgets at my postoffice 4 days after ordering. Not a long time IMHO Ordered a DL111 and some other gadgets yesterday, today they are in transit between HongKong and Europe. Propably the pack can be tracked somewhere in Norway tomorrow...? Guess I can testfit the engine Friday.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Whenever you see an item you want but it's out of stock, place your email for notification when a shipment arrives. you will get a email when it does and you can order right away. Expect around 3 weeks for delivery unless you request air express which costs a little more.

ORIGINAL: selena1718

anybody dealt with them,looking to buy some zippys,but the ones i need seem to be out of stock all the time,also ive heard it takes a long time for shipping,exactly what is a long time,1 week 2 weeks ?i want to buy from them but i dont want to wait like 2 to 3 weeks to get batterys,if i can get them,any suggestions,thanks
    Not raining? Not too windy? Guess what I\'\'m doing!

I also like to get the Zippy batteries.  The first time I used the email notification and I could count on one hand how many days past before arrival... I was VERY supprised.

This time I just placed the order even with them on backorder.  I'm not in a big rush and I will order when they come in anyway so figured why not.  I am very happy with my other zippy batteries.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jooNorway

I`ve heard "rumors" saying they won`t sell more Zippy Flightmax... rumors... Same rumors say Rhino will be "the brand".
    Long time for shipping; usually I have the gadgets at my postoffice 4 days after ordering. Not a long time IMHO Ordered a DL111 and some other gadgets yesterday, today they are in transit between HongKong and Europe. Propably the pack can be tracked somewhere in Norway tomorrow...? Guess I can testfit the engine Friday.
    Actually, from what I read from Ron on the message boards, Zippy's are going to be replaced by Turnigy branded batteries. The Turnigys will be made in-house, so they say the prices will be lower than Zippys and Rhinos.The Rhinos will still be available.
    I like my Zippys, they haven't let me down so far. From what i've seen so far, the selection on the Turnigys isn't as good as the Zippys, and some of the Turnigys are heavier than the Zippys.

As far as shipping, Iusually use the EMS Express shipping, usually only takes about 4 days unless shipment gets hung up in US Customs.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just got my first order from Hobby King yesterday. 10 days from the placement of the order to the door although I know it can take longer. I used all four of the Zippy-H's that I got and I'm sold. The shipping isn't cheap but there prices make up for that.

Blessings,

Jay
    I dig up so much dirt with the Prop, they call me the farmer.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: speedy72vega

ORIGINAL: jooNorway

Actually, from what I read from Ron on the message boards, Zippy's are going to be replaced by Turnigy branded batteries. The Turnigys will be made in-house, so they say the prices will be lower than Zippys and Rhinos.The Rhinos will still be available.
    OK, this mean there will be more Turnigy, Rhino will be continued and Zippy will disappear. I really hope the new batteries are as good as Zippy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

[/quote]
    OK, this mean there will be more Turnigy, Rhino will be continued and Zippy will disappear. I really hope the new batteries are as good as Zippy
    [/quote]

My last two packs are 3S 2200mah 25C Rhino's and they are awesome. Can't go wrong considering the price.
    Not raining? Not too windy? Guess what I\'\'m doing!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've heard nothing but good things about the Rhinos so far. As far as Turnigy goes, will have to wait and see. I just recieved 2 5000ma 2S packs i'm going to run in my new Eratix. I'm going to use them in series for 14.8 volts. These are my first Turnigy batteries, i'll let you all know how they hold up. My Zippys have been fantastic so far, I wish they would keep Zippy's too. It would give us all a better chance at finding them in stock if there were more manufacturers supplying them.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Glad to hear the Rhinos are working good jmir
    Yes speedy72vega, will be happy to get feedback about the Turnigyes. For me the Turnigy-brand isn`t too reliable because they have had too much bad motors. But their ESCs are a bang for the buck!
    For this season I already have completed my battery-needs, when Flightmax still was available.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Update on the Turnigy batteries. Imaidened my Eratix 3D today. I started with 2 3S 2650ma Zippysin series, Turnigy 42-50-650 motor, Super Simple 60 amp ESC, with a 12x6 prop. The power was unbelievable, way too fast for this plane.
    I switched to the 2S 5000ma Turnigy packs, 2 in series, and switched to a 14x7 prop. Much better flight with less voltage and larger prop. Afer a 7 or 8 minute flight, Iremoved the batteries for a look. Not even warm, no puffing, no problems whatsoever. Irecharged them, and they only took 2477ma to recharge. That's 7 or 8 minutes of flying, and only used 1/2 the capacity.
    Iknow it's only the first flight, and too early to tell about the longevity of the batteries, but so far, perfect. These two packs are the first Turnigy batteries for me, Inormally run Zippys.
    I too am skeptical of the Turnigy brand, as the first motor Iever bought was crap right out of the box, but Inow have 3 motors of varying size, and 2 Super Simple ESC's, and all have been pretty decent so far.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here's what I can discern from HC lipos, rated by quality:
    Zippy-R - Racing, very good batteries with high C rating
    Zippy-H - Korean cells, matched well and medium high C rating
    Rhino - I believe these are the former Zippy-h
    Zippy-K - Lower C rating, but great value. If you keep your motor under 15-20C when it is rated for 20-30C, they survive well
    Turnigy/Zippy Flightmax - I believe these are the former Zippy-k's

I have two packs(Turnigy and Flightmax 2200 mah 3S) and have many many friends that have been flying far longer on them and they are the best value in the hobby bar none.
    Curtis

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My first order with Hobby King took ten weeks to deliver, the order I have pending was placed 02-15-2009 and still no stock, I am not sure if I will ever get the order or a refund, I will not order from HK EVER.[:@]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: budleeman

My first order with Hobby King took ten weeks to deliver, the order I have pending was placed 02-15-2009 and still no stock, I am not sure if I will ever get the order or a refund, I will not order from HK EVER.[:@]
    That's the only bad thing about Hobby King is the out of stock items. Try to order in stock items and I think you will be happy.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah, by far the biggest drawback. If you place an order for multiple items, and only one of them is on backorder, they hold the whole order until the backorderd item is in stock. That sucks. You can request an e-mail when the parts you want are back in stock, that way you can order them right then and there.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

On 7-3-09 I changed my order and droped 4 X Zippy 3S 11V and ordered 5 X Rhino 3S 11V packs for an extra 20 bucks, when I placed the order it showed over 300 in stock, Now my order still has not shipped and stock showes -37 to make matters worse I lost the 20 bucks for shipping cost on the first order, at this point if I change the order I will lose another 20 bucks, so much for ordering idems that show In Stock.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

On 7-3-09 I changed my order and droped 4 X Zippy 3S 11V and ordered 5 X Rhino 3S 11V packs for an extra 20 bucks, when I placed the order it showed over 300 in stock, Now my order still has not shipped and stock showes -37 to make matters worse I lost the 20 bucks for shipping cost on the first order, at this point if I change the order I will lose another 20 bucks, so much for ordering idems that show In Stock.
    Go to the your account page and look up your order. Under status, it should say reserved for each line item if you ordered in time. This means that they have held back the stock on that particular item for your order.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You were right on, my order shipped on 7-11-09, it took them seven days, lets see how long it takes to get here.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I placed an order last week and it took 4 days for them to ship it. I have been hearing that they are a little behind at shipping right now. I have placed 12 orders through Hobby King prior to last week and all of them shipped within 48 hours.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My experience with Hobbycity varies.

In stock items that total 500g or less, paid for with Instant Paypal and shipped via registered airmail, take a minimum of 20 - 30 days to reach my home address in the northeast US. I have never had a US Customs issue that delayed delivery.

If I use Visa or Mastercard, the same order takes approximately 10 -14 days.

If I pay the additional $5 - 7 for EMS shipping, the same package can be on my doorstep within a week, but usually takes 7 - 10 days.

When really pressed for time, I go with HeadsUp RC based in Wisconsin. Their lipos, servos and controllers offer decent quality at reasonable cost and shipping is extremely fast - I have received items sent priority mail in 1-2 days.

As they say, your mileage may vary...

Allan
    Obey gravity - it\'\'s not a suggestion, it\'\'s the law!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I can not beleave this, my order that shipped on 7-11-09 landed in my mail box today, I am going to order two more Lipos and see what happens. If I can get an order in 20 days or less I can live with that.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ordered 7/15, 2 hk450, 2 chargers, 6 batteries, dozen servos and other misc. stuff. Shipped 7/19, recieved 7/24. 10 day from start to finish. That ain't bad!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have had nothing but good luck with Hobby City Products. At this point all of my planes except one have Turnigy motors which are just as good as any other motor I've flown. I've also had good luck with the Zippy ESCs and even the Hobby King 'basic' ESCs. The 9 gram servos they sell for 3.99 have been good, Corona Synthesized receivers good, and the Zippy LiPos are the best bang for the buck in batteries.

Like others have said, only order in stock items and don't place backorders.

I have a friend who has ordered a couple of their planes and for the money they have been great.

If it wasn't for Hobby City I couldn't afford to fly as much as I do.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    Adam Savage

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I received an email that my items were dispatched on 5/20/2010 with a tracking number. On 5/27/2010 I received another email with a different trcking number saying my items had been dispatched. Still haven't received them.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think they're a little screwed up over there right now. I placed an order at the end of April and it never said it shipped at all. it always said 'processing' on the order status but then the order showed up at my house after about 7 days.

I have another order right now that I placed a week ago and paid for the express shipping. It said shipped and had a tracking number now it says shipped with no tracking number. There is a note on the HK website that says airport security has been increased which is causing packages to be delayed by up to a week. This is a little frustrating as I paid an extra $25 to express ship this stuff and at this point it's not going to get here any sooner.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    Adam Savage

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast