Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > E-Flight Power Sources
Reload this Page >

Lipo Battery dead? or something else?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

Lipo Battery dead? or something else?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 05:24 AM
chevypower1930

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lipo Battery dead? or something else?

Hey everyone so I've had this little 2s 800 mAh Lipo from Esky for about 2 years now and I've been using it on my Parkzone Slo v, I went to take the plane up last night and everything powered up when I plugged in the battery but when I went to throttle up it lasted for about 3 seconds then slowly died.. then nothing.. I figured the lipo may have met its expiration date.. so I just grabbed the stock little nimh battery that came with the slo v and charged it up the the same thing happened? it may just be coincidence cause I haven't used the stock battery AT ALL and I've had the plane for about 6 months and its been sittin outside in the garage so I'm not sure! I don't think it could be anything else though am I right? I'm just using a little e sky 2 or 3 cell charger.. could this be damaging my batteries after multiple charges? cause I charge my 3 cell 1800 mAh battery too with it and don't wannt mess that one up
Old 07-06-2009, 07:55 AM
chevypower1930

Default RE: Lipo Battery dead? or something else?

hey everyone I may be slowly saving my lipo AND my nimh using my chargers! ha... I'm using my parkzone lipo charger and charging the lipo at .3 charge rate and then running it in the slo v for a minute then recharging and it seems to be coming back to life!? is this possible? also I'm doing the same thing with the stock battery and it seems to be chargin up to!
Old 07-06-2009, 08:17 AM
el_xero
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Lipo Battery dead? or something else?

I too would like to see if its possible to bring them back