Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > E-Flight Power Sources
Reload this Page >

HobbyKing battery problem????

Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

HobbyKing battery problem????

Old 07-06-2009, 11:23 AM
ftherrmann
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HobbyKing battery problem????

I ordered a 4000 mah 4 cell from Hobby King.. I just finished the jet I'm using it in and started charging the battery. One cell is consistantly 0.1v lower than the other three cells. I've tried slow balancing, cycling etc, but I can't get the low cell to come up to 4.2 volts. Does anyone have any suggestions or should I just use it until it dies? (My guess is that the battery isn't going to last long even though I time my flights to only discharge the lipo to 80%). I'm also curious to see if it delivers the 20c stamped on the pack.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:32 PM
jmir
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: HobbyKing battery problem????

My cells balance between 4.17 and 4.20 when I charge them and I have been using them for quite some time.
They are Zippy's and Rhinos from Hobbycity.com.

What do they measure after a flight? Are they close together in voltage readings?

I think you are Ok with anything above 4.1 when fully carged.

Old 07-06-2009, 09:33 PM
ftherrmann
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: HobbyKing battery problem????

I haven't flown the battery yet. I did finally get it to balance out at 4.2volts this afternoon after doing a discharge and extended slow balance... It's basically a new battery other than a few 20 second test runs on the fan.