Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

ESC, Glitching and Crash

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 06:26 PM
3dak
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ESC, Glitching and Crash

I'll try to keep as concise as possible. In Jan 05 I built a parkflyer with an AXI 2212/26, Castle Phoenix 25, Hitech electron 6 rec. Fut 9c trans. Thunder power 1500 3 cell lipoly. Maiden flight was done by a friend standing next to me. No problems. I was handed the trans got it in the air and lost all control (Like no signal between plane and trans) Crashed nose in and broke the front of the plane off. ( I sould add that it was about 10-15 degrees f out) Plane was rebuilt.
Initially it was thought the cold was the culprit. I flew it a few times with no apparent probs. As time went on, when the battery was plugged in it would occasionally make the servos go crazy and the motor want to rum intermitently. The next step was to replace the crystal in the rec. Seemed to do the trick but the symptoms came back after a flight or 2. I replaced the rec.to no avail. (I tried the old rec in another plane and worked great) THe symptoms will sometimes go away or get worse with moving a switch on the trans. I'm tired of the gremlins and treally dont want to throw it all but...
Over the past few years I have flown it but never with any confidence. I just replaced the ESC thinking that it may have been the problem all along. Have yet to fly it. (a little windy today)
Thought and help forever appreciated.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:43 PM
pilotsam

Default RE: ESC, Glitching and Crash

if all those things are happening, it is probably your transmitter then...
Old 06-10-2010, 07:26 PM
tripower222
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: ESC, Glitching and Crash

Are u using a esc with a bec and if so how many of what type of servos are being used. I have experienced similiar troubles using esc's with bec's and too much servo draw. Try a seperate rx battery or seperate quality bec