Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > E-Flight Power Sources
Reload this Page >

Installing a cc bec pro with connectors

Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

Installing a cc bec pro with connectors

Old 08-10-2010, 03:17 PM
rich100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing a cc bec pro with connectors

Since frying a speed control while taxiing (lucky) even though i am not sure if it wasjust a plain bad esc that i reused -I have decided to go with an external cc bec off my power source. I understand how it's wired and how to disable the esc's bec but want to give myself some mounting options.

setup

5s lipo 5000mah
100 amp castle ice lite
cc bec pro
spektrum 6200

Instead of soldering to the esc battery deans connector - i was thinking to solder same guage wires as bec to where the battery wires go to esc and using deans micro connectors to connect the bec to the esc. Has anyone done anything like this? Is it a problem? This way it would give me more mounting options and less chance of stressing the bec power wires. Not sure if the deans micro's are rated to handle this.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:24 PM
bobferguson

Default RE: Installing a cc bec pro with connectors

This my take on this.
Soldering direct to the esc is not recommended as it is very easy to harm the esc board with to much heat. I see no problem using micro deans as connectors. Micro's are rated well over the current from a bec.

ORIGINAL: rich100

Since frying a speed control while taxiing (lucky) even though i am not sure if it was just a plain bad esc that i reused - I have decided to go with an external cc bec off my power source. I understand how it's wired and how to disable the esc's bec but want to give myself some mounting options.

setup

5s lipo 5000mah
100 amp castle ice lite
cc bec pro
spektrum 6200

Instead of soldering to the esc battery deans connector - i was thinking to solder same guage wires as bec to where the battery wires go to esc and using deans micro connectors to connect the bec to the esc. Has anyone done anything like this? Is it a problem? This way it would give me more mounting options and less chance of stressing the bec power wires. Not sure if the deans micro's are rated to handle this.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:53 PM
rich100

Default RE: Installing a cc bec pro with connectors

Thx Bob. I see your point - Just trying to weigh out options so the placement of the bec pro isnt dictated by the routing of the battery wires. Let me ponder this a bit more. Thx!