Community
Search
Notices
E-Flight Power Sources Ask questions or read about power sources as they specifically relate to e-flight including Lithium-ion, Li-Poly, Nimh and Nicad battery packs.

ESC and LiPo

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 05:01 PM
rivas8409
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ESC and LiPo

It's been a while since I've dealt with battery votages and ESC's so I'm drawing a blank here...

Quick question- Can I run my 2200mAh 4S 20C packs with an E-flite 30-Amp Pro ESC without ending up with a melted pile of foam and servos that used to my Parkzone T-28 or Typhoon 2? According to themanual the ESC is rated at 30A continuous and a peakof 35A.I currently fly 2200mAh 3S 15C with it but since I've recently purchasedsome 2200 4S to run in parallelwith another model I was wondering if I could use those on my park flyers.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:05 PM
rivas8409
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: ESC and LiPo

Adding on, the ESCis labeled for 3 or 4S LiPo voltage inputs.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:28 PM
jdetray

Default RE: ESC and LiPo

If the ESC is rated for 4S lipo, then you can use 4S lipo!

You still have to stay under the ESC's current rating, of course, but you can do that by checking with a wattmeter and using a smaller prop if necessary.

- Jeff