Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Blade MSR BNF won't bind to SR transmitter

Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Blade MSR BNF won't bind to SR transmitter

Old 11-28-2010, 05:41 PM
Chopper Chuck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade MSR BNF won't bind to SR transmitter

Hi everyone: I've been out of RC for about 30 years. Several weeks ago for whatever reason I purchased a Blade SR and have spent most of my time rebuilding it after crashing it about 20 times. Just too much for ke to handle right now..

So yesterday I picked up a Blade MSR - the BNF version, with the hope of working my way up to the SR and having some fun in the process. Although my SR transmitter (HP6DSM) is listed as a compatible BNF unit for the MSR, for some reason I can't get the main or tail motors to wake up. The roll and pitch are working fine, just no motors. I have tried the binding process numerous times and even tried some variations to no avail.

Went back to the hobby shop and we confirmed with another transmitter (not an HP6DSM) that the MSR is fully functional.

So I'm wondering if anyone has had any exposure to this problem and may have found a solution.

Any assistance would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Chuck
Old 11-28-2010, 10:31 PM
choppersrule

Default RE: Blade MSR BNF won't bind to SR transmitter

Chuck,

Check the manual. The DIP switches should all be down, except for #4, it should be up.

Dave
Old 11-28-2010, 11:14 PM
Chopper Chuck

Default RE: Blade MSR BNF won't bind to SR transmitter

Thanks a million Dave. Per the manual thats the first setting we tried and tried it several times. So I resorted to
combinations based on SR settings. What finally worked is:
1 off, 2,3,4 on, 5,6 off, 7,8 on & 9,10 off. I realize the higher ones probably don't matter, but this is what finally got everything going in the correct direction and the motors to wake up. I'm having a blast hovering sussessfully, especially given the terror of the SR! Baby steps it is! Thanks again for the assist!!!